Vacation House Check Program
It is the objective of the Chisago County Sheriff's Office Vacation House Check Program to provide peace of mind to the residents of Chisago County while they are away from home for extended period of time. The Chisago County Sheriff's Office offers a free service to check the exterior of your home while you are away.
Additionally, you should ask a trusted friend or neighbor to watch your home and report any suspicious activity should there be any. They can take in newspapers and mail, water plants, open and close curtains, and vary lighting to make the home look more "lived in." Make sure somebody removes snow and mows the lawn as the season dictates. Please note we cannot assume any liability for your residence as vacation house checks are conducted as a courtesy and as time and manpower permits.
You are welcome to use our Vacation House Check Program if you plan on being away from your home for more than 3 days, but less than 14. Vacation house checks are for residences only, but not if somebody is living inside, the home is vacant, and/or listed for rent or sale.
How to Sign Up
If you would like to use our Vacation House Check Program, please contact the Chisago County Sheriff's Office Emergency Communications Center (ECC) at 651-257-4100 and provide the following information:
- Name, Address, and Cell Phone (or number you can be reached while away).
- Key holder information (optional). This person must be available to respond to an incident at your home within 15-minutes of being contact by the Sheriff's Office.
- Vehicle information. Will a car be left in the driveway? If so, make, model, and color.
- Lighting information. Are lights on timers? Outside? Inside?
- Alarm company information. Do you have an alarm company? If so, name and phone number.
The Chisago County Sheriff's Office hopes that your vacation will be enjoyable for you and that our suggestions and service make your return uneventful. If you have any questions about the Vacation House Check Program, please email Sergeant James Mott Opens in New Window or call at 651-213-6317.