- Sheriff’s Office
- Divisions & Units
- Records Management Division
Records Management Division
The Chisago County Sheriff's Office Records Management Division serves as a liaison for the public in processing requests, releasing information, and the retention of records to facilitate an accurate and consistent flow to the various constituencies of the sheriff's office.
A part of administration, the records division consists of five persons who are responsible for a multitude of duties within the sheriff's office. The records division processes, files, and maintains all records, photos, and related documents and provides information to other divisions, agencies, and the general public as needed and/or upon request.
- Accident Reports
- Background Checks (local)
- Civil Process
- Clearance Letters
- Event Permits
- Gun Permits (Acquire and/or Carry Applications)
- Report / Data Requests
Obtaining Sheriff's Office Reports
Record requests are released and allowed under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act. Reports can be obtained by contacting the Records Management Division at 651-213-6384. To make a public data request you must use the Information Disclosure Request Form (PDF) Opens in New Window .
If the report is a criminal complaint then it may need to be obtained by calling the county Attorney's Office at 651-213-8400.
You can now process payment online (credit/debit card or electronic check, also known as eChecks) for specific records requests fees by using the following link: Online Payment of Sheriff's Items Opens in New Window .
Note: A 2.5% ($2.00 minimum) fee will be assessed when paying with a credit/debit card or a $1.50 fee will be assessed for eChecks up to $10,000.
Records Request Fee Schedule Is As Follows:
- CD DVD of Audio/Photos/Records: $20.00
- Photos: $1.00 per photo
- Transcripts of 911 call/Non-emergency call: $20.00 per hour
- Records Under 19 Pages: FREE
- Records 20 to 39 Pages: $5.00
- Records 40 to 59 Pages: $10.00
- Records 60 to 79 Pages: $15.00
- Records 80 to 99 Pages: $20.00
- Records 100 and More Pages: $25.00 and $20.00 per hour
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Closed All Legal Holidays).
You may stop by the sheriff's office public service window or contact 651-213-6300 for assistance.
Obtaining incidents and reports handled by other agencies:
- Local Police - If the report was handled by a City officer, you would need to go to the local police department to obtain the report.
- State Patrol - May be obtained by calling East Metro State Patrol at 651-779-5900.
- State Accident Report - Contact the Department of Public Safety at 651-215-1328.
If you need to be fingerprinted for employment or other purpose, please come to the Sheriff's Office, during the business hours. You will need your driver's license. There is a $10 fee. You or your employer will be responsible for submitting your fingerprints. Fingerprints must be sent to the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS). The FBI CJIS are the only ones that accept the employment fingerprints that are not related to "Criminal Justice Employment". View the FBI website that gives employers instructions on having their employees fingerprinted for backgrounds / identification records check.
Email Captain Andrew Mahowald Opens in New Window that oversees the Records Management Division or call at 651-213-6303.
- Permit To Acquire / Transfer (Firearm) Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Permit To Carry (Firearm) Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Water Event / Structure Permit (PDF) Opens in New Window
Alcohol, Tobacco, And Firework / Pyrotechnic Effects Licenses