- Boards & Commissions
- Park Board
Park Board meetings are held:
- 3:00 p.m.
- 3rd Thursday of every month
- Chisago County Government Center - Room 150B
- 313 N Main St, Center City, MN 55012 Opens in New Window
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are prepared before each meeting. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda Opens in New Window | All Agendas
Members of the Parks Board serve terms of 3 years:
|John Pantelis, Jr.||District 1||Term: 01/03/2023 to 12/31/2025|
|Jolene Wille||District 2||Term: 01/05/2022 to 01/04/2025|
|Gregg Carlson||District 3||Term: 01/05/2021 to 01/05/2024|
|Monica Wick||District 4||Term: 01/05/2021 to 01/05/2024|
|Frank Storm||District 5||Term: 01/04/2022 to 01/04/2025|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the County Parks Program relative to federal, state, county, and local planning efforts in order to produce the highest level of facilities and improve communications to minimize duplication of efforts.
- Identify, preserve and protect open spaces such as wetlands, shoreline, critical resource areas, wildlife habitat, and natural vegetation communities that are essential to ecological systems of the county parks and open space system.
- Promote the acquisition and development of county park and trails to sustain a well balanced county park system adequate to satisfy outdoor recreational needs.
- Review operations and maintenance of facilities, and services as appropriate in the county parks.
- Assist in and review the preparation of the county park budget.
- Periodic updates of County Parks and Open Space Plan in accordance with accepted standards and concerned citizens as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the county parks and open space facilities and involve federal, regional, county, local officials.
- Protect the environmental quality of the parks and open space system.