PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that pursuant to Minnesota Statute Section 375.51, Subd. 2, the Chisago County Board of Commissioners intends to consider and adopt the proposed Short-Term Rental Licensing Ordinance at its meeting scheduled for Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in Room 172 of the Chisago County Government Center, located at 313 North Main Street, Center City, Minnesota. The purpose of the proposed “Short-Term Rental Licensing Ordinance” Rev 05-12-2020 is to provide for and establish a licensing program for private residential homes when used for short-term rentals.
Copies of the proposed “Short-Term Rental Licensing Ordinance” are also available from the Chisago County Environmental Services/Zoning & Parks Department, 313 North Main Street, Suite 240, Center City, MN 55012, Telephone: 651-213-8371, during business hours.
A summary of the draft ordinance contents is as follows:
THE CHISAGO COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS ORDAINS:
The following language is hereby added to the Chisago County Code of Ordinances:
A. Statutory Authorization and Policy.
B. Purpose, Intent and Objective.
1. This Ordinance establishes a licensing program for short-term rentals.
2. It is the intent of this ordinance to continue the allowed use of private vacation rental homes, but also mitigate possible adverse impacts to health impacts to health, safety, welfare and quality of life of surrounding properties, as well as water and environmental quality, through the establishment of a licensing program for the review and approval of short term vacation rental unit operations.
3. It is the objective of this ordinance to establish and enforce standards for the licensing of short-term rentals that strike a balance between protecting homeowners’ private property rights; enhancing localized economic activity and tourism; preserving the residential integrity of neighborhoods; and promoting and protecting the health, safety, and wellness to the citizens and patrons of short term rentals.
2. “Owners Authorized Agent
4. “Short Term Rental Unit”
D. General Provisions.
E. Annual License Required.
F. License Application Requirements.
1. Application Requirements
2. Application Process
G. General Requirements.
1. Septic/Solid Waste
3. Registration of Guests
5. Parking and Site Use
6. Conformance with Existing Regulations
7. Property Contact and Emergency Information
8. License Fees
9. Minnesota Department of Health License
10. License Non-Transferrable
H. Enforcement Penalties and Fines.
1. Administrative Appeal.
2. Court Appeals.