Chisago County - 2020 General Election Information
The Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office is fielding many calls about the upcoming 2020 General Election so we wanted to provide answers to some of the common questions.
When is Election Day?
Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
How do I register to vote OR make sure that I am registered to vote?
- You can check to see if you are an Active Registered Voter by going to the Minnesota (MN) Secretary of State website.
- If you are not registered, you can complete the Voter Registration Application online at the MN Secretary of State website or complete a paper application which would need to be sent to the Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office.
- The deadline to pre-register for the General Election is October 13, 2020.
- Voters can register at the polls on Election Day with proper proof of residence.
How do I Vote?
- At the polls on Election Day on November 3, 2020:
- All regular Polling Places will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day for in-person voting. Be assured that the cities and townships are taking extra precautions and cleaning protocols are in place. To find your polling place and get a sample ballot go to the MN Secretary of State website.
- Absentee Voting:
- Absentee voting begins September 18, 2020 and runs through Novenber 2, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Many different organizations are sending out information encouraging people to vote by Absentee Ballot. If you receive multiple applications, please only submit one (1) completed application to the Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office. You can submit the application via mail, fax or email.
What types of Absentee Voting are available?
- In-Person Absentee Voting:
- You can apply and complete your ballot at the Chisago County Government Center with the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office located in Room 271 beginning on September 18, 2020. Absentee voting hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We will also be open on Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and on Monday, November 2, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- By Mail Absentee Voting:
- Note: The best way to complete the required Absentee Ballot Application is online at the MN Secretary of State website.
- If you prefer a paper application it can be obtained online at the MN Secretary of State website or by requesting a copy from the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office by calling 651-213-8500 or by Email to the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office. The paper application must be returned to the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office via mail, fax or email.
- Absentee Ballots will be mailed out beginning September 18, 2020.
- When you receive your Absentee Ballot carefully follow the instructions that are included.
- Absentee Ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day (November 3, 2020) and received in the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office within 7 days of the election to be counted.
- Absentee Ballots can be hand-delivered to the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office until 3:00 p.m. on Election Day (November 3, 2020).
- Use Track Your Ballot to check where your Absentee Application or Ballot is in the process.
Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office Contact Information:
Mail: 313 North Main St, Room 271 - Center City, MN 55012