REMINDER: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to Introduce the Chisago County Recycle Yard on Friday, June 23, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
Chisago County is pleased to announce a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to introduce the new Chisago County Recycle Yard, to be held on Friday, June 23, 2023, at 10:00 a.m., rain or shine. The event is open to the public. “The Yard” is located at the Chisago County Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility at 39649 Grand Ave in North Branch, MN 55056.
The Program is scheduled as follows:
- Opening Remarks
- Official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Snacks and Music
- Recycling Truck Tours
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility Tours
The Recycle Yard will officially be open for business on Monday, June 26, 2023, with hours that coincide with current HHW Facility drop off dates/times. Mondays, excluding holidays, from Noon until 7:00 p.m. and the last Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Expanded self-serve hours will be evaluated as facility operations permit.
“The Yard” will accept residential (non-business) single-sort, curbside type recyclables - the same recyclables you place curbside with your trash hauler:
Accepted – Unbagged and loose recyclables:
- Metal: metal food and beverage cans
- Glass: glass food, beverage bottles & jars. No window glass and No Pyrex
- Plastics: milk jugs, water, soda, and juice bottles, condiment, dish, and detergent bottles, shampoo, soap, and lotion bottles. No plastics without a recycling number stamped on it
- Paper: office, school, junk mail, magazines, catalogs, newspapers/inserts, cereal, cracker, pasta, and cake mix boxes, shoe and gift boxes, rolls from paper towels and toilet paper, toiletry boxes, and phone books. NO Shredded paper (place in trash)
- Cardboard: corrugated cardboard boxes – Must be broken down; NO waxed boxes.
The Recycle Yard was built with the help of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, through a Greater Minnesota Recycling and Composting Grant, and is intended to offer county residents an enhanced routine opportunity to recycle.
For more information on the yard and what you can and cannot recycle, please visit our Waste Disposal and Recycling Webpage or contact Lisa Thibodeau, Chisago County Solid Waste Administrator - 39649 Grand Ave, North Branch, MN 55056 by calling 651-213-8923 or via Email to Lisa Thibodeau.