On December 16, 2015, Administrative Law Judge Barbara J. Case issued Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law, and Recommendation concerning the 100MW North Star solar project proposed in Chisago County. Administrative Law Judge Case finds that the North Star project has satisfied the applicable legal requirements and she further recommends the MN Public Utilities Commission grant the Permits for the Project, subject to the comments and recommendations discussed below.
1. The Commission should conclude that all relevant statutory and rule criteria necessary to obtain Site and Route Permits have been satisfied, and no statutory or other requirements preclude granting Site and Route Permits based on the record.
2. The Commission should grant North Star a Site Permit for the 100 MW LEPGP for the North Star Solar Project in Chisago County, Minnesota.
3. The Site Permit Template conditions should be incorporated into the Site Permit, unless modified herein.
4. The Commission should grant North Star a Route Permit for the 115 kV transmission line for the North Star HVTL Project in Chisago County, Minnesota.
5. The Route Permit Template conditions should be incorporated into the Route Permit, unless modified herein.
6. North Star should be required to take those actions necessary to implement the Commission’s orders in this proceeding.
Dated: December 16, 2015
s/Barbara J. Case
BARBARA J. CASE
Administrative Law Judge
This Report is not an order and no authority is granted herein. The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission will issue the order of authority which may adopt or differ from the recommendation.