Our Reserve Deputy Program offers a unique opportunity for both volunteer service or preparing for policing as a profession. If you or someone you know is considering a career in law enforcement, this combination of training and experience can be invaluable in achieving these goals. If you are established in another career with no plans to become a police officer, you will receive the satisfaction of positively contributing to the safety and security of the Chisago County community.
The following minimum qualifications must be met for consideration:
- Reside in Chisago County
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) equivalent
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
We are currently accepting applications for the Chisago County Reserve Deputy Program thru Friday, January 24, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. The 10 week Reserve Deputy Academy will commence on Sunday, February 16, 2020.