Chisago County’s Trunk Highway (TH) 8 Reconstruction Project hosted its second open house on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at Lord of the Lakes Lutheran Church in Forest Lake. The open house was well attended by more than 100 area residents. Project staff hosted the event to share project progress, communicate how alternatives were evaluated, and to keep up the momentum for this important project. The large turnout and input received from attendees demonstrated the substantial interest in seeing this project continue to move forward.
What We’ve Heard:
- General concerns regarding access and safety on Trunk Highway 8 and associated side streets.
- General questions regarding the project’s expected timeline.
- "Consider the addition of an access road from Deer Garden Lane to Karmel Avenue."
- "Consider the inclusion of an underground culvert for bicycle and pedestrian use at the intersection of Trunk Highway 8 and County Highway 23."
- "I love the 4-lane separated highway concept. Consolidating access points should also make a big difference."
- "Please don’t use Reduced Conflict Intersections (RCI) intersections. They don’t seem practical for this project."
- "Please consider the seasonal businesses along this road project like mine when you are scheduling road closures."
- "Love it! Appreciate the safety aspect. Hopefully less noisy rumble strips."
- "I am very concerned about the noise impact as well as impacts to the lakes."